About this role/ Role Overview
Service Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis. This role requires to understand, resolve if not, escalate, communicate the tickets, issues that the client has entered in the Jira Service Desk. He/ She needs to work closely with the Delivery Managers and the development team to solve all L1 and L2 support of the SLA projects. He/she needs to be in constant communication with the client as well as the stakeholders to support them.
The role holder’s day to day duties is not limited to managing critical incidents & problems, driving consistent standard, process improvements in line with ITIL, all to be done with excellent customer service delivery.
Organization and Planning (30%)
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems.
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues.
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develop and mature ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Act as the first point of communication for any incidents, change requests, outage, emergencies of all the SLA projects that are going on.
- Develop a proper process of the ticket/incident lifecycle.
- Expectation management of the stakeholders and client
- Proper communication of time estimation, ETA of the ticket, process followed, issue description to the stakeholders and client.
Technical expertise (20%)
- Know how of software application workflow
- Ability to solve small L1 and L2 issues on their own and respond
- Ability to communicate to the development team regarding the requirement in technical terms
- Knowledge about CMS
Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Any other additional tasks or responsibilities as required by the business.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in Support and maintenance function
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (BSC, BIM, BSC, BE)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Have excellent time management skills, including being able to triage incoming requests
- Have an innovative attitude and find new ways to resolve problems
- Ability to resolve Level 2 Service Desk issues as a minimum and troubleshoot issues relating to the IT infrastructure and network
- Knowledge of Jira Service Desk
- Work collaboratively with Nepal and Sydney teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Ability to work on pressure
This role description details the accountabilities that shape the performance expectations of the role.
Individualised KPIs will be set by your manager