A PHP Developer is responsible to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and launching. Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
Technical Expertise (50%)
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
Product Quality Assurance (25%)
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better client satisfaction
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Collect quality data and Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
Product Quality Assurance (45%)
- Conduct functional testing and verification before sending to QA.
- Prepare functional document for QA team for further testing.
Team Management (5%)
- Attend on different project management process/methodology and follow these session’s outcome
Any other additional tasks or responsibilities as required by the business.
Required Experience & Qualifications / Critical Elements of Success
- Proven software development experience of 2+ years in PHP
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Good written and spoken communication
- Understanding of open-source frameworks and CMS like Laravel, Drupal, Craft, Wikis, WooCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools, and developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, eBay, etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
Why you’ll love us
Through our people philosophy, we believe that happy people with a great work/life balance are able to bring the #WOW factor to work and they’re more fun to share an office with. Join us and surround yourself with like-minded, high-achieving individuals and unbeatable career development opportunities. We offer:
- Great work culture and environment
- Employee growth and development
- Exposure to the latest technologies, teams, and tools
- World-class best practices
To know more about us, please visit the link at https://www.omnicommediagroup.com.np/
Our working hours are generally from 7 am till 4 pm, Monday till Friday.
“Omnicom Media Group Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently-abled, to apply”