About this role/ Role Overview
QA Engineer is responsible for creating, maintaining and executing test artifacts against assigned projects. This role requires to estimate test efforts, analyze them and communicated the test results. The role holder needs to report, track bugs, and verify bug fixes and new functionalities. The role holder is required to all sorts of testing as per requirement and research & implement the test automation process in the required assigned projects.
The person with the role should be participating in day to day QA activates like reviewing the requirements with developers, project managers and AU team for consistency and accuracy and establish a test process and methodology. The role holder works in project or product group to achieve QA team objectives of achieving high quality delivery.
Technical Expertise (50%)
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools (Especially Selenium TestNG)
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Perform API Testing, Load Testing along with report analysis
Product Quality Assurance (25%)
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better client satisfaction
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Collect quality data and Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
Team Management (5%)
- Mentor and guide Junior QA
Stakeholder Management (10%)
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Any other additional tasks or responsibilities as required by the business.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience of more than 2 years as a Quality Assurance Engineer with web-based Content Management Systems, Responsive Design Test and Complex Data Analysis
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Should have experience and knowledge using variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies
- Experience in software development is a plus
- Solid Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Test Life Cycle
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in API Testing, Load Testing along with report analysis
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Good knowledge and skills of Project management and Bug tracking tools like Jira
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Excellent in spoken and written English
- Critical thinker, problem-solving skills and good time-management skills
Why you’ll love us?
Through our people philosophy we believe that happy people with a great work/life balance are able to bring the #WOW factor to work and they’re more fun to share an office with.
Join us and surround yourself with like-minded, high achieving individuals and unbeatable career development opportunities.